Apparently, something was going wrong with the VM arguments I was providing, but to my surprise, it was nothing that I could ever imagine.
So, I setup a tomcat server in intellij and provided a few VM options in the Tomcat’s configuration part, in intellij. When everything was setup and I tried starting the server, I got the following error:
Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Many sources over the net, unfortunately misdirected me, cuz everything seemed to be configured properly.
In the end, I took a look again in the VM options I pasted to my intellij.
Oh, man I was defining a max memory option of 10g, whereas my machine only had 8g!
Don’t blindly copy whatever you find on your way.
Always filter what others feed you with.